Eep! I Usually pick characters that I’m attached to, and that I really love and appreciate. As far as the building thought process, I first do a lot of research on the different materials, and once I have everything, I break down the details into basic shapes, and go from there. I usually start on pieces that I think will be the most difficult for me to get those out-of-the-way first.
Does being so detailed ever become tough creatively?
No way! The more details the better! I think the most simple things are usually more the challenging.
What’s your favorite type of material to work with?
My favorite armor/ prop material is Eva/L200 Foam, and my favorite fabrics to use are real or faux Lamb Skin, and 4-way stretch spandex!
Three things every cosplayer should have in their workshop?
A sewing machine, Scissors, and paints!
Walk us through your recent trip to France and how it changed your overall outlook on life?
Lyon, France was AMAZING! I’m not sure it changed my outlook on life, I just got some more worldly experience, and met a bunch of new friends. I’ve been lucky, and have been able to do a lot of traveling this year, so it has has been really amazing so far!
Best cosplays you’ve seen?
AHH this is such a hard question!! So many amazing cosplays!! In no particular order,
- The group of people who when formed together made the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones.
- Lisa Lou Who’s Queen Ariel Cosplay was epic
- The Frozen group from France that had so much details, and the Elsa Dress transformed from her coordination dress to her Ice Queen dress.
- Vensy’s Beast from Black Rock Shooter
- There’s two cosplayers that made the Shiva Sisters actually transform into the motorcycle.
- Everything Zerina Cosplay does
- There’s a really amazing jessie and James cosplay where the Jessie’s hair is PERFECT!!
Gosh this is hard, so many great cosplays.
- Jessica Nigri’s Ziggs cosplay, i LOVE how she added explosions, and fireworks.
- At Acen 2013 there was a Singed from League of Legends that shaved his hair like singed, and put smoke bombs in his backpack. It was so legit.
I know I’m missing so many amazing cosplays.
Top 3 best moments in your cosplay career?
2. Going to Argentina, and being not only recognized on the streets multiple times out of costume, but the overwhelming generosity and love everyone gave to me while there. So many people told me stories about how I inspired them to get into cosplay and it brought me to tears.
3. Honestly any and every time someone comes up to me and says they like my costume my heart just Explodes with happiness.
That Chocolate Habanero Pepper Tho?Explain to our lovely readers.
HAHAHA THAT WAS THE BEST/WORST THING I’VE EVER DONE!! Best because it was Awesome, worst because my day was ruined hahahah It was so hot, and it hurts going in, and coming out, and my belly hurt all day! BUT SO WORTH IT! It’s pretty funny, I would do it again in a heartbeat!
What’s your take on “sexy” cosplays and some of the criticism on female cosplayers?
I think they are great, as long as the people wearing them are having fun, what’s not to like. I’m 100% Pro EVERYONE cosplaying ANY WAY THEY WANT! I think a lot of people have been really sensitive to the whole sexy cosplay thing, because they are actually just insecure. No one is forcing anyone to wear anything that is out of their comfort zone. I do however believe in following and respecting the conventions dress codes.
Officer Vi vs. Sonya Blade, who wins?
Officer Vi, hands down!
Jerry Seinfeld walks into your house and needs a cosplay idea, who do you dress him as?
Ohhh I would ask him who he would want! I actually helped make Jimmy Kimmel’s Mr. Potato head costume for Halloween this year, and Andy Sambergs’s Original Tron costume! I think Jerry would want something funny.
What’s one embarrassing thing that no one should know about you, but you’re going to tell us anyway?
I’m irrationally afraid of Mustard and Fish.
Missyeru, Ladies and Gentlemen; One of the most understated down-to-earth people. She doesn’t herself too seriously, she’s fun-loving, and one of the biggest fans of cosplay I’ve seen. Browse through her page and you’ll see more pictures of other cosplayers than her own. She loves to support the community, somewhat downplaying her skills, which are pretty close to flawless. Bravo to you madame awesome.
Send all fish related and mustard-based products to Missyeru, PO BOX…